Friday, February 23, 2007

For Radmanovic, It's Not the Fall That Hurts. It's the Lies.

When Vladimir Radmanovic initially told Lakers management that he injured his shoulder slipping on some ice outside Vlade Divac's condo in Utah, it was about as believable as a stripper at Minxx saying she got her bruises when she fell against a pole. Today, Radmanovic released this statement:

"The truth is that I hurt myself in a fall while snowboarding. Being young and sometimes immature, I initially panicked and made up a false story about how I hurt myself. However, over the past few days my conscience has been bothering me terribly. I am not a dishonest person and could no longer live with this deception."

I'm not buying the guilty conscience story, so the Lakers must have something on him. Obviously, Radmanovic has never been in a long-term relationship or he would know that once you've committed to a lie, you have to stick with it no matter how damning the evidence is against you. I don't care if Radmanovic was trying to teach Vlade Divac how to do a Backside Air to Fakie and Darko Milicic was filming the entire thing, you have to stick with your story.

Also, how appropriate is it that hanging out for a few days with Vlade Divac ended with a painful flop? That would be like going cliff diving with Alex Rodriguez and crushing yourself because you couldn't hit the ocean, or going out to dinner with Rex Grossman, ordering the best item on the menu and choking on it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Sat Feb 24, 04:57:00 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. The 'painful flop' tag could be used on so many players right now don't you think?

What in the world is going on?

 
At Sat Feb 24, 12:16:00 PM PST , Blogger SAMO said...

The real story...Vlade was teaching him how to flop and he fell on ice.

 
At Sun Feb 25, 10:31:00 PM PST , Blogger twins15 said...

At least he didn't make up a story that he was washing his snowboard, similar to Jeff Kent a few years ago.

My question is, was Vlade in on the original lie?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home