Monday, October 31, 2005

NBA Action...It's cash-tastic


This year I'll be trying my theory of compounding interest with NBA wagers again. It worked great for me last year, and I ended the season up 1200%. I don't necessarily expect the same results every year, but I'm gonna keep going with it as long as I can.

It's a pretty simple system. The gap between the really good teams and the really bad teams in the NBA is huge right now. You almost never have a big upset in the NBA like you do in college sports or the NFL. So rather than worrying about the spread, I simply take the money line on the heavily favored team. Oftentimes, I'll be laying something in the neighborhood of -1000, or put another way laying 10 to win 1. But still that's a 10% gain for the bankroll. I then let the money ride on the next heavily favored team, one game at a time, each time picking up my 10% or so. After 8 consecutive wins, the money has doubled. At that point, I pigeonhole some of the profit just in case I stumble along the way.

Of course, the weakness of this system is obvious. Because you're letting the winnings ride at the beginning, all that has to happen is for one of the big underdogs to actually pull off the upset in the first 8 games, and you're toast.

The first game on my radar is New Orleans at Cleveland this Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home