Friday, January 13, 2006

Glutton for Punishment


I can't imagine why anyone would want to read my picks, unless it's to break the bank by going with the opposite of whatever I say. So for any contrarians out there, here's my bet for tonight:

Cal Pk at Stanford. Cal hasn't beaten Stanford at Maples since 1993, but that streak should end today. Cal got their wakeup call via its loss to Oregon State, and this should be a bounce-back game for the team. Leon Powe, DeVon Hardin (both potential NBA 1st rounders), and Rod Benson are undoubtedly the best frontcourt in the Pac-10. As for Stanford, center Peter Prowitt and forward Matt Haryasz will play but are both limited with injuries. If this wasn't a crosstown rivalry, I'd predict a blowout. As it is, I'll say Cal 74, Stanford 66.

1 Comments:

At Fri Jan 13, 04:53:00 PM PST , Blogger The Big Picture said...

Thanks for the comment about the UCLA/UW game. I appreciate it.

Being a close observer of the Dawgs, they are worrying me thus far. Lose back-to-back conferene games at home and then they nearly blew a 19-point lead last night in LA against the Trojans. While UCLA is all banged up, Pauley is still a tough place to play -- especaially for a young UW team that starts two freshman.

May the better team win tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home