Friday, March 23, 2007

NFL Trivia Time- Booty Edition

The Oakland Raiders are one of many NFL teams that are in a state of disarray in the quarterback department. New head coach Lane Kiffen has done his part to solve the problem by signing Josh Booty, who has been out of the league for three years but has the credentials of being the brother of current USC QB John David Booty; and he also happens to be tied with me for career NFL completions. I'm guessing the Raiders' next move will be to sign LenDale White's cousin to play safety and Reggie Bush's parents to book the team's hotel accommodations.

This move was probably just done as a goodwill gesture to the Booty family, who Kiffen likely got to know well during his transactions in John David's recruitment. However, if Josh Booty makes the team and the Raiders draft JaMarcus Russell, they will have two quarterbacks who went to LSU. The person who brought this to my attention then asked if this would be the first time that a NFL team had two QBs on the roster from the same university. My initial response was that there's no way it could be, but for the life of me, I can't think of another example of this occurrence.

Fortunately, my readers are much smarter than I am. So I'll pose the question to you. What other NFL teams have had two QBs from the same college? Help me out here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Mon Mar 26, 10:25:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. Mini-me took the words right out of my mouth! God how I've missed you Insomniac!

But yeah, good question, I can't think of one either.

On a slightly different note, I think John David Booty is going to be pretty darn good next year. What do you think?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home