Thursday, June 07, 2007

For Those Who Think Spelling Bees Are Sport

...Here is the world's leading "athlete" of the game. Not exactly breaking any home-schooling stereotypes.



I honestly haven't watched the video in its entirety yet. It's just so uncomfortable, awkward, and frustrating that I can only watch in 20 second increments. Perhaps by the end of the night, I'll see the dramatic conclusion of this clip. But unless the nookie girl news anchor reaches through the satellite feed and chokes the living daylights out of the kid, I know I'll be disappointed.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Thu Jun 07, 09:34:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe I just watched that. That was miserable. Such a contrast, I saw another bee champ that was a young girl on CNN a few weeks ago and she was very eloquent and talked about how she wants to travel when she gets older. She, too, was home schooled, but I guess her parents are getting it right.

 
At Mon Jun 11, 05:53:00 PM PDT , Blogger Kevin Hayward said...

I came across this article from the Sports Flow, and it's hilarious that you posted this article today.

A few minutes ago, I started what I hope will be a lively discussion on my blog about the definition of a sport. Future installments will include discussions about individual games/sports/activities, but for now we're just laying a foundation. Care to join?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home