Saturday, June 30, 2007

Old Skool Jams On A Lazy Saturday

A comment by "anonymous" on the NBA draft post got me to thinking about the good ol' days of heading out to the arcade and playing some NBA Jam with friends. I'd hate to think about how many quarters I threw into that thing, tho it was probably worth it, since I couldn't buy beer yet. My favorite combo to play with was the Charlotte Hornets duo of Larry Johnson and Alonzo Mourning. LJ had a crazy inside/outside game on offense and Zo could block dunk attempts by just about anyone.

Anyone else old enough to remember this game? (Was it really 13 years ago?) If so, who were your favorite combos?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Sun Jul 01, 01:53:00 PM PDT , Blogger The Big Picture said...

i think i used to play with the jazz a lot..."he's on FIRE!!!!!"

 
At Mon Jul 09, 05:15:00 AM PDT , Blogger meech.one said...

I'd usually go with the 2/3rds of Run-TMC, Tim Hardaway & Chris Mullin. When I was looking to embarrass someone, I'd go with The Bucks deadly combo of Brad Lohaus & Blue Edwards.

 
At Mon Jul 09, 05:51:00 AM PDT , Blogger insomniac said...

Tim Hardaway might catch fire, but don't you dare call him "flaming."

I'd forgotten about the dynamic duo of Lohaus/Edwards. That would very much suck to get beat down by those guys.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home