Sunday, November 13, 2005

Deja Vu?


Last week I had a mediocre day of college betting but followed it up w/ a great Sunday. After going 1-3 on my college picks today, let's hope I can repeat my previous NFL success. As I mentioned a few days ago, I think the books are overcompensating for last weekend when all the home chalk covered and have inflated the lines. So I'll be going primarily w/ the underdogs.

Washington +1 at Tampa Bay. The Redskins will do what every other team has done against Tampa in the last few weeks: stack the box and make Chris Simms beat them. It's a tried and true strategy and I think Washington wins a low scoring game.

San Francisco +13 at Chicago. I was really hoping this line would get pushed up to 14 points, but no such luck. Frank Gore and Kevan Barlow will combine for 40 carries. If either of them are able to break one of them, that should be enough for the cover.

New York Jets +9 at Carolina. I'm just not sold on the Carolina Panthers as being the best team in the NFC. They have a 5 game winning streak, but the wins are against Green Bay, Detroit, Minnesota, Arizona, and Tampa Bay. The Jets won't be mistaken for a playoff team either, but I think they'll stay within striking distance. Carolina will win, but only by a score of 17-13.

Denver -3 at Oakland. Newsflash: Mike Shanahan still hates Al Davis. Mike Shanahan will do whatever he can to embarass the Raiders. The Broncos are coming off of a bye, giving Shanahan even more time to prepare for this game. Broncos by 20.

Dallas +2.5 at Philadelphia. I know the Eagles will be the sentimental pick to win without TO, but what was it that people saw in the game verse the Redskins to make them think they're even close to being a good team right now? I will however be Tivo-ing the game for the Eagles cheerleaders. In that category, Philly still has the best roster in the league.

Crap, I just realized that my last 10 NFL picks are all road teams. That doesn't seem to bode well. We shall see...

One point total game: Seattle at St. Louis under 52. The Rams won't score more than 17, so as long as the Seahawks don't score more than 35, the under is good.

Bonus NBA game: Seattle at Toronto under 194.5 Two of the worst teams in the NBA square off. In matchups like this, it's usually incredibly high scoring w/ no defense or unbelievably low scoring w/ no offense. I'm choosing no offense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home