Friday, January 13, 2006

No Gambling. No Gambling.....ahhh, What the Hell


My confidence is shot, but I'll make some NFL picks anyway. If I'm wrong again this weekend, I'm going to let my local Hooters waitress make the picks. So I guess either way, I'm a winner.

Seattle -10 vs Washington. Shaun Alexander was the league MVP, but after this game, it will be evident why the Seahawks always franchise Walter Jones every season. The Seahawks O-line will open up some big running lanes for what has to be an exhausted Washington team. Once Seattle gets a two touchdown lead, the Redskins will be forced out of their gameplan and have to put the game in Mark Brunell's hands. This one might get ugly early.
Seattle 35. Washington 13.

New England +3 at Denver. I have a hunch that Kevin Faulk will be seeing the majority of the time in the backfield for the Patriots, who are going to spread the field and open up the offense. Once Denver gets into a predominantly nickel mode, Faulk will slash with some draws. I know Denver is pretty stout at home; but I also know that when CBS flashes up the QB comparison, one side of the ledger will say "Brady," and the other side will say "Plummer." Guess which side I'm going with.
New England 27 Denver 24.

Indianapolis -9.5 vs Pittsburgh. Indianapolis will start out rusty on offense- for two plays. Then Manning will hit Harrison deep down the field and the route will be on. Remember that until Jon Kitna remembered he was Jon Kitna, Cincy was scoring consistently through the air against Pitt. Manning will throw for at least 3 tds, and James will rush for two more.
Indianapolis 45 Pittsburgh. 20.

Carolina +3 at Chicago. I'm just going with the playoff experience on this one. Jake Delhomme, Steve Smith, DeShaun Foster, Julius Peppers, etc. have all been to the Super Bowl before, and will be hungry to get back. Chicago feasted on a soft schedule and has obvious flaws on offense. The Bears only chance is to force turnovers, and I don't see it happening this time.
Carolina 20 Chicago 14.

As a bonus, I think the 7 point teaser with Seattle and Indy looks really good. So now I've got a chance to 0-5. Isn't gambling fun!

Right now, I need this girl to cheer me up.

2 Comments:

At Sat Jan 14, 07:19:00 PM PST , Blogger The Big Picture said...

ya, pretty intense game between the dawgs and bruins. UCLA is gonna be real tough when (or if) they get healthy.

I like the picks for your games this week. I'm making the same ones.

 
At Sat Jan 14, 07:44:00 PM PST , Blogger insomniac said...

You're in trouble if you agree with my picks. I'm in the midst of the coldest streak of my life right now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home