Thursday, January 26, 2006

Respect the Cocks


South Carolina beat Florida last night to hand the Gators their second consecutive defeat, and all night long, I wanted to type that title, but Blogger was down. So I waited and waited, and now it's finally working and I've been able to get the Magnolia line off my chest. But honestly, it was a bit anticlimactic. Kind of like losing my virginity..well, except without all the apologizing.

In other hoops, West Virginia lost to Marshall after Kevin Pittsnogle guaranteed victory for the Mountaineers. Oops...Michigan beat Michigan State, giving further credence to the theory that you should never bet against the home team in the Big 10...Seton Hall put a beating on NC State, which gives the Big East two big wins over ranked ACC teams this week. The Big East is easily the strongest conference in the country this year. Although that isn't quite as impressive of a feat when you have 50 teams in your conference.

I somehow missed the semifinals of the Aussie open. I have no idea how I let this happen. Maria Sharapova may want to reexamine her habit of looking over at her father and coach after every point. I think she puts too much pressure on herself when she feels like she's being judged with every swing, and I'm sure Justine Henin-Hardenne was able to exploit Sharapova's tightness on her way to victory. The strangely cute Henin-Hardenne reached the finals in 3 sets where she'll face Amelie Mauresmo, who would be hot in her own right if she didn't, ya know, look like a man and all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home