Friday, May 26, 2006

Reading this post may be illegal in the state of Washington


I didn't post last night because I was glued to my monitor playing online poker at Full Tilt last night. I know the consensus is that people don't really like to hear about poker stories from amateurs, but this hand on Full Tilt was such the epitome of an 'online special' that I had to share. But if you don't want to read it, I understand. Just look at the pretty picture instead.

I was playing $1/$2 NL Hold 'Em with around $150 at the table and was dealt pocket aces in the cutoff position (one to the right of the button). One player limped in from middle position, and I raised it to $8. The button (a solid, tight player) then reraised it to $20, and then the big blind (a maniac) reraised all in for $85. The limper folded, I of course called, and then the button called too! The button had me covered, so the pot was $150+$150+$85+$2(limper)+$1(small blind)-$3(rake)=$385. The cards were flipped over to reveal:

Me: AA (68% to win)
Button: KK (17%)
Big Blind J 8 offsuit (15%-I told you he was a maniac!)

The flop comes: K Q 10 mixed suits, giving the button a set
The turn comes: 9, gives BB a straight.
River....J.....I get the higher straight and the pot.

Unreal. I'm lucky I actually saw the river as I just about threw my laptop out the window on that flop. I'm sure this thing happens live too, but so far I've only seen a hand this crazy online. Slot machine poker at its best.

Ok..now back to the pretty lady holding one too many cards...
(btw, if you're not at work, I highly recommend clicking the pic to get a larger image)

2 Comments:

At Fri May 26, 02:38:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

if BB would've won, i probably would have taken limbs from his family and burned his house...what the fuck is someone going all in with J/8 for? bad, bad poker. nice win though!

 
At Fri May 26, 05:22:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Taken limbs from his family and burned his house." That's good stuff. I shall steal that line, use it amongst friends, and claim it as my own.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home