Thursday, January 11, 2007

In the Real World, Andruw Would Have Dove

This is some actual in-game footage of MLB 2k7 being played on an XBox 360 as presented at CES this week. The game is due out this March.

I'm not the gamer I used to be, but I think I'll have to pick this up. Who knows if it can match the fun gameplay of Little League Baseball for the SNES, but it sure does look amazing:



Some of the video is a little jerky, but they've still got a few months to smooth it out. Other than that, it's the most realistic looking baseball video game I've ever seen. If it weren't for the fact that there was a full crowd at a Braves home game, I might have been fooled into thinking that was actual game footage in the opening frames.

(IGN has a larger res version of this video.)

6 Comments:

At Fri Jan 12, 09:57:00 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three words (kinda). HO. LY. CRAP!

That looks so good that I may go out and buy an xbox 360 right now.

 
At Sun Jan 14, 03:08:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little League baseball was NES not SNES.

 
At Sun Jan 14, 03:50:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zing!

 
At Sun Jan 14, 06:03:00 PM PST , Blogger insomniac said...

Thanks for the correction, Nerdman. I thought that might be the case, but I was afraid to accept that I'm so old that there was still a NES in my college apartment.

Now who wants to talk about FIFA soccer for the Panasonic 3DO?...

 
At Sun Jan 14, 06:16:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mastered FIFA for 3DO, beating Italy with Kuwait 11-0.

The best part about that particular game was the secret code that made guys fly 50 feet when you pushed them.

 
At Mon Jan 15, 11:19:00 AM PST , Blogger insomniac said...

Damn, I never knew about that FIFA code. I think the only times I was actually aware of any codes was to make the heads big in NBA Jams, and of course the unlimited lives cheat for Contra.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home