Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dan Patrick Remembers Valvano and Mees

Earlier today on his radio show, as part of Sportscenter's celebration of their one billionth audience member screamed at or something, Dan Patrick was recounting some of his memories over the years at ESPN. While the show was by his own admission mostly self-congratulatory, Patrick also took some time to remember some of the great people he's encountered during his work with the network. At one point, he brought up Jim Valvano and former ESPN anchor Tom Mees, which led to this touching and rare display of emotion that I thought was worth sharing:











Listening to this while driving in my car, Dan Patrick's unintended moment of silence actually gave me a moment to reflect on lost loved ones who touched my life. So I guess I owe him a bit of thanks and should remember that despite its many, many flaws, ESPN isn't completely evil.

Ok, that was heavy. I'm sure you don't come to the site for this. You come for incisive commentary, pics of hot girls, and dick jokes (tho I'm sure you can take or leave the commentary part.) I promise to deliver all three in my next post.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Tue Feb 13, 08:26:00 AM PST , Blogger SAMO said...

Great clip. Serious stuff, but touching.

 
At Tue Feb 13, 12:58:00 PM PST , Blogger twins15 said...

Very touching... thanks for posting that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home