Friday, January 11, 2008

By the Time You Read This, I May Be Dead. Or Have Herpes

I'm rolling out to Vegas in about an hour, so unless I go broke in a hurry, there won't be any posts this weekend. I'm sure you will all be able to make the adjustment.

As for the games this weekend, I'm going to take a mixed position and tease the Packers at -1.5 and the Giants +14.5. As much as I hate ever having money riding on Eli Manning, I like the one-two punch that Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw give the Giants offense. Combine that with the sudden disappearance of Dallas's running game, and two touchdowns looks like a nice buffer. As for the other NFC game, Seattle would have lost at home to Washington if the Skins had someone under center who was better than Todd Collins. I'm going to go out on a limb and saying that Brett Favre is better than Todd Collins.

A more compelling wager for me is in college hoops where the #4 Washington State Cougars are seven point underdogs to #5 UCLA. The tipoff is scheduled for 11:30 am on Saturday morning. Remembering your own college experience: were you ever ready to do anything at 11:30 on Saturday, other than nurse a hangover? This game is going to be slow and ugly. Take the points.

It also turns out that this weekend coincides with the Adult Video News awards. If you're interested, the list of nominees can be found at the AVN official site. Personally, I think any woman that is willing to have sex on camera is deserving of an award, but unfortunately, there can only be one winner in each category. I haven't seen the odds yet, but I like Sasha Grey in "Babysitters" for Best Oral Sex Scene- Video; "Sex & Violins" to win Best Screenplay- Film; and in a mild upset, for best Transexual Release, I'm gonna go with "Ladyboys in Latex." I'm sure most of you are probably fans of "She-Male Switch Hitters," but I like to root for underdogs...with male and female parts...wearing rubber.

Enjoy your weekend, all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home