Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hitchhiking Down the Information Superhighway

The college basketball regular season is over, which means no more games at Pauley Pavilion; and therefore, no more pictures of the UCLA Dance Team (unless a generous benefactor wants to get me courtside seats for the tournament). So, since none of you hornballs are going to stick around to read this text scrolling across the page, here are some links to some of the better writing on the internet.

The Hater Nation has been on fire lately. (And why shouldn't it? With stories about the Rams, Raiders, and Eli Manning in the news, that's right in NFL Adam's wheelhouse.) Do yourself a favor and read the comments on the JaMarcus Russell post, "JaMarcus the Hut." It's like the Deadspin comedy pyramid...except with comedy. (I kid, Deadspinners, I kid.)

Somehow I had missed that D-leaguer Rod Benson was now blogging at Yahoo. It might have to do with the fact that Yahoo does a terrible job in promoting their bloggers. Or maybe I'm just losing touch. Anyway, while Benson's Toy Story reference is great, the line of the week comes from his agent, who explained the way selections for call-ups work thusly:
"It's not like at Cal where a certain score produced an automatic 'A'." Now I suppose the agent could have been talking about scores on an exam, but I prefer to think he was referring to points in a game transferring into grades in the classroom. I'm pretty sure that's how it worked for Jason Kidd.

Kaz Matsui missed yesterday's Grapefuit League game because of anal fissures. As has been mentioned at Deadspin and The Big Lead, do NOT google image search that term. You will regret it. Do I happen to have any devoted Astros fans amongst my readership who may have watched or listened to the game? I'm dying to know if the announcer- using the common shorthand of this day- said that Matsui was "out with an anus."

Want to know a surefire way to start a brawl in baseball? Just execute the maneuver displayed in this post at The Sporting Blog. That should do the trick.

Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star interviewed Michael Schur, aka Ken Tremendous, of Fire Joe Morgan in his blog. He's around my age and far more talented and successful than most of us (myself included) will ever be. It's very depressing. I highly recommend reading it. This is also probably the only time I'll get the chance to link to a Royals blog before they're out of contention.

In other interview news, rstiles of Stiles Points has just added another segment in his Beers With Bloggers feature. Ya know, that interviewee has some potential. I think some high-paying media group should snatch him up while he's still on the market!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home