Thursday, February 16, 2006

UW Goes WWE


One of my pet peeves in basketball is flopping. I know it's become a part of the game these days, but I absolutely hate it. But when I'm laying 1-2 odds on a game, I'll take what I can get. Tonight, Washington ballers Justin Dentmon, Bobby Jones, and Jamaal Williams were flopping around like the salmon in July. By the middle of the second half, the ball boys had traded in their towels for shovels to get all the bodies off the floor. But the strategy worked, as Dentmon was able to pick up a huge phantom charge on Oregon's Malik Hairston to lead the Huskies to a 75-72 victory. In what was a rare accurate prediction from me, Washington had a chance to match the four point spread to close the game, but Dentmon missed one of his final two free throws. This is now two consecutive games in which the Huskies were favored by four, but won by three.

Luckily, my conservative money line strategy paid off. I shall now celebrate with a nice dinner. For some reason, I'm craving sushi...

(in other news: not all the dawgs had their day...Georgetown just dropped a low scoring game to Marquette, 57-51.)

1 Comments:

At Fri Feb 17, 12:59:00 AM PST , Blogger The Big Picture said...

phantom charge on hairston...you better believe it. wow, i sweated more than bullets...phew!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home