Friday, March 24, 2006

Double Down


Since I've been unable to broker a deal with GoDaddy or Suzuki to show their commercials on a repeated loop, I'm forced to earn money the old-fashioned way: by gambling. Last night's 3-1 performance was a nice start (not to mention a welcome change from my losing ways). Let's keep the momentum going:

George Mason vs Wichita State OVER 125.5. I think this number is way off. These two teams met in February and the score was 70-67. If anything the offenses have improved as the tournament has gone along. Wichita scored 86 against Seton Hall and 80 against Tennessee. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a score in the 70's for each team, beating the point total by 20 points.

Georgetown +3 vs Florida. Roy Hibbert vs Joakim Noah isn't exactly Ralph Sampson vs Patrick Ewing, but it's as close as college basketball gets these days. Damn, that's sad. Let's all try not to think about that. Anyway, I think Hibbert and Noah should cancel each other out and the game will come down to guard play, where Georgetown has a slight edge. It should be noted, that I've been on G'Town's jock all season long, so it's possible I'm overrating them, but I still think the Final Four is within their grasp.

Villanova -2.5 vs Boston College. Only because I know that I'm destined to be haunted by images and commentary of Allen Ray's eye for the next few weeks.

Washington +6 vs UConn. UConn will win this game, but Washington scores enough points to keep it respectable.

Betting windows close soon...I better get these in.

2 Comments:

At Fri Mar 24, 03:43:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the bruins, man. doesn't get much sweeter than stealing a win like that. best of luck against memphis.

 
At Fri Mar 24, 03:52:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that was a crazy finish. I'm a bit worried about Memphis' team speed, but I think it will be another nailbiter to the finish. But if UCLA needs to score the last eleven points of a game in order to win again, Calipari will do a better job than Mark Few at stopping any sort of run.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home