Friday, July 21, 2006

The Poor Get Poorer

Sign me up for Duke football, because I am blatantly plagiarizing this from a comment sent into me from JSon, who can always be counted on to bring the funny...

From the Dallas Star-Telegram:

President of basketball operations Donnie Nelson referred to Vroman (6-foot-10, 220 pounds) as a "poor man's Eddie Najera." Vroman has been in the league two years and spent last season with the Hornets.”

A poor man's Eduardo Najera? Personally, I find this more impactful than Bill Simmons’ “a homeless man’s” phrase. For example, which is a more punitive way to describe Arvydas Macijauskas (who just signed with Greece, which actually does bum me out): “A homeless man’s Steve Kerr” or “A poor man’s Casey Jacobson?"

I dunno. I should have seen Macijauskas’ departure from the NBA coming when I found his jersey for sale at the 99 cent store…which is kind of like a poor man’s Pic N’ Save.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jul 24, 02:50:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having trouble with the comments section. This site is turning into a poor man's sportsline.

 
At Mon Jul 24, 03:04:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having trouble with the commenting section right now.

I've got the monkeys workin' on it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home