Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Tough Times for a Legend

I'm a little late in getting this news, but I just wanted to send out my best wishes to baseball legend Sadaharu Oh. The home run king was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer and is currently rehabilitating from an operation performed Monday in which his entire stomach was removed. Ouch. That just can't be fun at all. The good news is that doctors think they were able to completely excise the tumor and that Oh is already up and walking. Hopefully, these are the first steps towards a full recovery.

And yeah, I know this message will never actually reach anyone with connections to Sadaharu Oh. But if people can write letters to Barbaro, then I can post this blog entry.

I don't really want to get in the habit of posting somber news, so to lighten the mood a bit, here is a video from an old school classic which contains a tribute to the Japanese slugger:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home