Monday, January 09, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again


To quote the words of a wise, drunk man: "Sometimes you ride the horse. Sometimes the horse rides you." I've been ridden rough and hard the last month or so, but I guess I must like it because I'm coming back for more. Here are today's picks.

Toronto at Chicago over 204. I haven't checked, but I'm assuming Mo Pete hasn't been suspended since he shouldn't have been given a technical in the first place. He'll be well rested and probably more than a little pissed off. Neither team has been playing anything that resembles defense the last few weeks. It should look like a pickup game.

Texas -6 at Iowa State. Texas has rebounded from their embarassing defeats to Duke and Tennessee. Since losing to Tennessee, Texas has won four in a row by an average of 36 points. Iowa State is 11-3, but they haven't played anyone yet this season. Their only good win has been at home to Iowa. Texas 84 Iowa St. 68.

Santa Clara +8 vs Gonzaga. The Zags have been very sluggish whenever they aren't playing marquee teams. I think the Santa Clara Broncos fit into that category. Gonzaga will still win, but they'll struggle in doing so. By the way, if you have more money than God and less discretion than the devil, you can sit up close and personal to watch Adam Morrison give himself insulin shots on the bench.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jan 09, 08:32:00 PM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty dang close on the Texas score - I'm impressed ...

 
At Tue Jan 10, 09:57:00 AM PST , Blogger insomniac said...

Heh...Impressed enough to forget all of the losses I've piled up over the last month or so? Me neither, although perhaps going 2-1 is a the start of a little rally.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home