Sunday, January 08, 2006

When Cameron Was in Egypt's Land


Sorry for the lack of posts this weekend. I was reviewing my betting record for the past month and went catatonic. Unfortunately, Sloane Peterson didn't change her top in front of me and Bueller didn't rescue me, but it was still an eventful weekend while I was out...

For Chargers' fans, there was only one thing that could possibly be a consolation prize to their team not making the playoffs, and that was for Eli Manning to stink up the joint in his first playoff game. 113 yards, 3 INTs, and a lost fumble will clear out the Meadowlands in a hurry. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, Fox showed that Archie Manning was in a club box to witness his son be constantly booed by the Giants' faithful. It was a beautiful, poetic scene...

Steelers take out the Bengals, mafia style. First passing play, straight to the knees of Carson Palmer, and the curse of the Bengals fan lives on. For about a quarter and a half, Jon Kitna boosted his free agent stock by leading the Bengals to a couple of scores and giving Bengals fans some false hope. But in the second half, Kitna reminded everyone why last season he was benched in favor of a 2nd year player who'd taken zero snaps. In that 2nd half, Kitna looked like he'd completely forgotten the playbook and instead would scramble in the backfield for five seconds while refusing to throw the ball, which is kind of an important part of the whole quarterbacking process. In the course of three hours, Kitna's future contract value probably fluctuated about 10 million dollars...

Patriots dismantle Jacksonville. I'd comment more, but as a blogger I suppose I'm technically media and as such, according to Tom Brady, I'm incapable of giving the Pats any respect...

Tampa Bay receiver Edell Shepherd will soon be parking cars at the Tampa Marriott. To quote the immortal words of Jeff George: "F*cking catch the f*cking ball!"...



Utah Jazz owner Larry Miller has refused to air Brokeback Mountain at the chain of movie theaters he owns. He's missing out a perfect promotional opportunity. How many people would show up for the movie if the theater included a John Stockton Nuthugger giveaway???

I'm currently watching Phil Ivey, John D'Agostino and Layne Flack play $50/100 No Limit Hold 'Em at a Full Tilt Poker (link on right) table with one other player. At this moment, here is $55,000 in chips between the five players. I'm only $9,800 short from being able to sit with these guys. Of course, they'd probably fleece me within a half hour, so I guess it's a good thing I'm short...

Phil Ivey just dropped 10k to Layne Flack on a AQ vs AK preflop all in showdown. So, using a sample size of one, I'm as good a No Limit player as Phil Ivey! :) ...

Speaking of people with more money than I'll ever have, Vince Young is going pro. "I feel like I accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish in college," Young said. I guess the whole "get a degree" thing never made its way onto the list. Hey, at least he's honest. There is some early speculation that he'll be picked #3 by Tennessee because he is good friends with Steve McNair. I don't think McNair has that much influence over personnel decisions, and the Titans need someone who can step in and play immediately. Someone like D'Brickashaw Ferguson, AJ Hawk or Mario Williams makes more sense to me...

UCLA beats Arizona State 61-60 and completes a sweep of the Arizona school. Stat of the game: UCLA won despite having only 7 assists total as a team.

Duke went to Wake Forest and routed the #23 Deacons. JJ Redick had 32 points for the Blue Devils, who are now one of only three remaining unbeaten teams. I'd like to hate on Duke, but I just can't since I have reassurances from Coach K and American Express that he's not just teaching the Dukies how to be better basketball players, but better people as well.

1 Comments:

At Tue Jan 10, 07:41:00 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Duke fan, but your Coach K/Am Exp comment is hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home