Friday, January 06, 2006

Bringin' My .12 gauge...my 'nine'...


KG has loaned me his shotgun, and we're going to war tonight. I'm hoping for strenght in numbers and going into battle with all of the road dogs . The primary picks will be in bold, as those picks have been selected by The Oracle.

Houston +1 at Toronto. The Rockets are on the back end of back-to-back road games, and the Raptors are improving. But even still, the Raptors are in no position to be favorites against any team that doesn't rhyme with Cawks.

Atlanta +7 at Boston. Yeah, I know I just ripped on Atlanta a second ago. But I said I'd bet with all the underdog road NBA teams. and the Hawks qualify as an NBA team...barely.

Orlando +7 at New Jersey. Dwight Howard against Nenad Krstic. Get the cameras ready. There will be a lot of posters made tonight.

Washington +1.5 at New York. I don't care if your name is Larry Brown- when every single player on your team is plotting to jump you in an alley, it's going to be tough to win some games.

Seattle +11 at Detroit. I'd feel a lot better about this game if it was on national tv. For some reason, Ray Allen only seems motivated to play when he's got Stephen A. Smith or Charles Barkley watching him in the studio. Still, I think Seattle will be able to score when Detroit goes to the bench, and that will be enough to keep it in single digits.

Utah +7 at Memphis. How am I gonna lose this battle when I got AK-47 on my side? Besides, there might only be 150 points combined in this game, so by virtue of the low score alone it should be close.

Minnesota +9.5 at San Antonio. The last time these two teams played, the TWolves would have won if their coach didn't decide to keep KG on the bench the entire 2nd qtr. Granted, that Spurs team didn't have Ginobili and Duncan was struggling; but I still like KG to put up 25 and 10, and Jar-Jar Hudson will hit enough crazy threes to make it intersting.

Chicago +5 at Milwaukee. I have nothing good to say about this one. In fact, I hate this bet. But I'm going to be consistent with the road dog plan. Maybe the Bulls can at least jump on a grenade and save the other bets.

Portland +7.5 at New Orleans (Oklahoma). The Hornets hopefully shot their wad beating up Miami and are now ready for a long, long nap.

Philadelphia +5 at LA Lakers. Two entirely unpredictable teams. But if this game is close in the 4th, the Lakers will fold. Combined shots taken by A.I. and Mamba tonight: 60.

Miami +1.5 at Phoenix. The Heat should be pretty pissed off after losing to NO/OK. Anytime Nash has to guard Wade will be easy points for Miami. If Kurt Thomas gets in foul trouble, Shaq could be vintage Diesel and go for 30.

All road teams +60. Unfortunately by the time the last game is over, I'll be way too drunk to have any clue if I've won this bet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home