Saturday, February 18, 2006

Surf Report


It's a bit of a dead time for me right now. NBA all-star weekend is rather joyless for me, Sasha Cohen doesn't skate until Tuesday, and the simulated sex on Cinemax is so bad right now, I think my dick is closer to Beverly Lynne's cooch than the dude on screen with her. (Of course, I am humping my tv, so perhaps I'm being unfair in this statement.) In the interim, I'm just killing time playing $3/6 Hold 'Em at Full Tilt Poker while surfing the net. Here are a few things that seem interesting at 1:30 in the morning...

John Clayton is reporting that the San Diego Chargers won't be playing tag with Drew Brees this year. I still think they'll get a long term deal worked out, but things are starting to get a little spicier. With a very weak QB free agent pool, there will be a lot of interest in Brees around the league if he becomes available. This depite the fact that at this moment he can't actually throw a football, which from what I remember from my time in the Joe Theisman school of analysis is an important part of being a quarterback in the National Football League...

Trying to capitalize on the last morsels of Bettis-mania, some guy is selling his unopened jar of Jerome Bettis peanut butter. Because when I think of old tubs of goo, the first name that comes to mind is Jerome Bettis. The jar was manufactured in 1998 and expired in 2001, but the owner kept this Steeler keepsake in his home anyway... right beside his Terry Bradshaw autographed copy of Cannonball Run and the Immaculate Reception condoms...

Reports are that Nick Lachey has filed for spousal support from Jessica Simpson in response to her divorce petition. Unfortunately this means that it's highly unlikely that Nick has video footage of Jessica's platamapuss that he could sell to the public.

Daniel Gross of Slate reports that there is a blogging bubble which will soon be bursting. If he's right, then my 5 cent google clicks may soon be coming to an end. That's ok tho- I've saved my nickel, so I can go over to Bratislava and open my own hotel. (First person to identify the movie reference gets a free month's membership to the Lounge.)

Alright, my flush draws are getting expensive, and the skinemax flick is over; so it's time to call it a night. Tomorrow, there's UConn/West Virginia, Georgetown/Villanova, and Arizona/Stanford on the board. UConn and Nova are playing for #1 seeds, Stanford is undefeated in conference play at home, and Lute is on the brink of strangling one of his own players. Should be fun.

2 Comments:

At Sun Aug 06, 11:14:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

IEMlAgxl0n bchZy6aFWt 0LvTuqtTvxBXYs

 
At Mon Aug 07, 10:44:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nHNzGyTCuE b54naFuwMbPK ELGwxP3nnXr8O

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home