Sunday, June 04, 2006

Boo Boo

Thanks to The Oracle for this:

Asked about a Yogi Berra quote Pat Riley had taped to his locker for motivation, Udonis Haslem said (apparently in all sincerity), "He gave us a Yogi Bear quote. I can't remember what it was, but he said it was something from Yogi Bear. To be honest, I don't even know too much about Yogi Bear. How old is that cartoon? I know a little about it, but not much.''

Although in all fairness to Udonis, the cartoon is smarter than your average bear, while the baller is dumber than your average corpse. Riley probably would have gotten more insight from the cartoon bear.

In related dumb comment news, JJ Redick had the following self-evaluation: "I'm not going to drive and dunk on a 7-footer. I probably won't dunk on a breakaway. I think I can do some things."

Unconfirmed reports indicate he went on to say "I probably can't dribble the ball without bouncing it off my foot, and can't move laterally. I'm a bed-wetter. I periodically punch my coach for no reason. I like to follow teammates home from clubs when they're with a woman and preach to them about Jesus. But if you want someone to hit a set shot from 3 with no one in his face, I'm your man. Well me or Quincy Douby. Or Steve Novak. Or Damir Markota. Maybe Nick Fazekas. I suppose you could just coax Hubert Davis or Steve Kerr out of retirement...it'd probably be cheaper. Has anyone heard from Casey Jacobson lately?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home