Friday, September 01, 2006

Fun on the Net

It looks like Bill Simmons has finally come to terms with the fact that he's stuck in a bit of a rut. Today's article should have just had this intro: "Listen, I'm dry on ideas right now, and I know I haven't been entertaining since the NBA season ended; but look, here are some websites that actually are enjoyable. So check these out, give me a break, and maybe when I can start writing about NFL spreads in a week, I'll be worth reading again."

Ya know, Sports Guy, I actually appreciated this post. I would much rather see your column as a portal to other forms of entertainment than read an article about how this USA basketball team would be better with Larry Legend lacing it up. And hey, I've been in those writing ruts too. Heck, I'm kinda in one now. Of course, the difference is that you get paid six figures for your column and I have to beg for Amazon and Google clicks. And let's be honest, you always knew that you were a glorified blogger- not that there's anything wrong with that. However the last year or so, you seem to be ashamed of that fact. I on the other hand, have neither glory nor shame. So here are my web recommendations for the day:

The Hater Nation. NFL Adam has taken it to another level over the last few months. Whenever I'm about to write a post, I always have to check his site first to see if he's already come up with the idea- which he usually has, only his post was funnier than mine would have been. (He's even starting to post more pics of hot women too. That bastard! Now I've got to post two gratuitous pics today just to give people a reason to come back.)

The Big Picture. Pac 10 football is about to begin. The Big Picture should be all over it...at least until Washington is out of the running. Which is to say, make sure you read the Big Picture within the next three weeks!

Paul Phillips' Blog on LiveJournal. Still the best blog by a poker player, mainly because it's not a blog that's only about poker. In fact these days, it's rarely about poker. Really good commentary on world affairs, technology, and well, scrabble tournaments.

Wicked Chops Poker
. Great poker blog that's actually about poker.

Mean Gene. Last poker blog recommendation, at least for today.

Anytime Bruce Feldman blogs about college football betting lines (insider membership required.) Very much like my picks each week, except accurate.

Hot Bellas Venezolanas
(NSFW). Hot Venezuelan women. What more do you need? (Just turn off the radio as soon as it launches.)

Man, that was fun sharing my bookmarks. Think Page 2 will hire me??

4 Comments:

At Fri Sep 01, 04:37:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

fear not, insomniac, you are the undisputed king of gratuitous hot chick pics.

hope to go back to blogging one day, but for now i am just happy to take a break from studying. (started law school last week)

 
At Fri Sep 01, 04:41:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in law school, but you'll be missed in the blogosphere. How am I supposed to find out if Jerricho Cotchery is going to supplant Justin McCareins this year?

 
At Thu Nov 30, 08:23:00 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Combining multiple payments into a single monthly check lowers interest rates and can positively affect your credit score. debt payment [URL=http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/Calcium/data/docs/Debt-Payment.html] debt payment[/URL] http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/Calcium/data/docs/Debt-Payment.html

 
At Thu Nov 30, 08:23:00 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Combining multiple payments into a single monthly check lowers interest rates and can positively affect your credit score. debt payment [URL=http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/Calcium/data/docs/Debt-Payment.html] debt payment[/URL] http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/Calcium/data/docs/Debt-Payment.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home