Friday, September 29, 2006

On the Lam...I Mean, Road.

I'm heading out for the weekend and I'm uncertain if I'll be able to post or not. Before I take off, here are some quick picks to make you rich (by betting the opposite, of course). You'll note that I am once again foolishly overestimating road teams. One day I'll learn. Unfortunately, by the time that day comes, I'll probably be on the corner begging for change for some Popov vodka and a parlay card.

College:

Virginia -5 at Duke. This game will test just how much devastation Al Groh has wrought on the Virginia football program.

Boise St +4.5
at Utah. Broncos should wear blue tinted visors so they'll feel like they're playing at home.

Georgia Tech +10 at Virginia Tech. Hokies' secondary is vulnerable, which is not a desirable attribute when Calvin Johnson is in town. (Holy crap, I'm betting on Al Groh and Chan Gailey in the same week. This could get ugly.)

Oregon +1.5 at Arizona St. Sun Devils haven't looked like a cohesive team ever since they sent Sam Keller packing.

NFL-

Cleveland -2.5 at Oakland. The Browns haven't won, but they have at least been scoring points. Raiders can't say the same.

St. Louis -5 vs Detroit. Roy Williams doesn't understand why the Lions aren't favored by 14 in this game.

San Francisco +7 at KC. Frank Gore owes me after that bankroll killing fumble last week. This looks like a low scoring game to me. I'll take the points.

Good luck to you with your picks. At this point, my goal is just to finish the weekend without any broken/severed digits.

YTD: 17-23-1

1 Comments:

At Fri Sep 29, 09:28:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have both doomed the Broncos and Ducks by picking them. Teams selected by the both of us have not covered this season. (College only, though)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home