Friday, October 06, 2006

The Neverending Genius of Shaq

This season, the NBA is introducing a new synthetic basketball to replace the traditional leather ball, and most players aren't too happy about the change. The most common complaint is that the grip is very different, making the ball more slippery when wet and more difficult to shoot.

I can understand why players might not initally like a different ball, but anyone that has played a pickup game knows that after a little while, you can adjust to the grip and bounce of whichever ball is the gamer. Can't someone explain this controversy in a way that can really make me appreciate the magnitude of the change in equipment?

Enter Shaq:

"It's like touching an exotic dancer and then going and touching a plastic, blow-up doll."

Wow- Thank you, Shaquille. I understand now. And now I also think I understand why during free throws, you cup the ball like you do and hold onto it for so long, almost unwilling to let it go. It reminds you of that dancer at The Gold Rush with the Spalding ass.

Unfortunately, I don't think the NBA will be all that eager to switch back to the old leather ball, as I've got a hunch that David Stern (speaking of old leather balls) is a blow-up doll kind of guy.

1 Comments:

At Wed Jan 09, 02:28:00 AM PST , Anonymous real doll said...

You have an amazing blog. Thanks for escalating my knowledge. I was not well-known with it. For more update I will be in touch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home