Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Surrey County DA Finally Realizes That Maybe Michael Vick Was Up To No Good

I'm tired of this story. You're tired of this story. But just to wrap things up for a bit- if anyone was wondering what it was going to take for the Surrey County DA to actually press charges against hometown hero Michael Vick, it turns out that a confession and an apology finally did the trick. Barely.

I don't really understand why Vick isn't offered double jeopardy protection from being prosecuted twice for the same crime. But then again, all of my legal education is from ESPN, so why should I know anything? There's speculation that if the charges are allowed to proceed, then Vick will plea this out and try to get concurrent sentences. That seems like the smart thing to do. Personally, I think it would be far more entertaining if he were to try to prove his innocence despite having a confession on the record. Crazy thing is: in a Virginia trial by jury, he might actually get away with it. After seeing this video, I can see how easy it is to be persuaded by Ookie's charm and am now convinced of his innocence:



I just hope someday, Vick is able to use his resources to find the real kingpin.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home