Thursday, November 17, 2005

Occam's Razor


I was at CompUSA last night and they had an XBox 360 hooked up to one of their LCD tvs. I played Call of Duty 2, and while the graphics were impressive, they weren't any better than a PC game (as long as you have a good graphics card), and I thought the gameplay was lacking. For example, I was caught in a crossfire and yelled to the screen, "Stop shooting me!" but the bullets kept flying. I really would have expected a better response from a next generation system. Kudos to XBox and UbiSoft for releasing the most awkward "please don't sue us for copyright infringement" title: "Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie." Perhaps Activision can release "Hero That Shoots Web Like a Spider but is Not *The* Spiderman." Or since EA has the NFL, SegaSports can release "The Naturalized Football League 2k6" featuring foreign-born US citizens like Tomlinstein at RB, Mossovic at WR, and at QB, Ron Mexico.

As I stepped out of CompUSA, I heard a loud explosion which was immediately followed by all of the lights in the strip mall and parking lot going out. As the generators kicked in (In and Out had the fastest response time by the way), I searched the area for the cause of the blackout. Finding nothing, my mind came to one conclusion: it must have been the EMP from a nuclear blast. This seemed odd, since I couldn't see a mushroom cloud, nor was I melting, but there was no other explanation. Having been close enough to be affected by the EMP, I also assumed that I had just been exposed to massive doses of radiation; and therefore, should have superpowers developing any minute. So far, I haven't noticed the ability to run faster, lift more, levitate, or communicate with squirrels. But it did burn when I peed this morning, so I'm taking that as a positive sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home