Thursday, September 07, 2006

Jack Kerouac Was a Lousy Gambler

Early into the season, I've made five picks against the spread on this site; and each time I've gone with the road team. I'm an uninspiring 2-3 in those five games. There are two games on the slate for tonight and once again, I'm going with both the road teams! Even lab rats learn faster than I do.

Miami +1 at Pittsburgh. I'm not that sold on the Dolphins this season, and yes, there will be Terrible Towels waving in the crowd; but I just can't allow myself to bet on Charlie Batch under any circumstances. The Dolphins will gameplan to neutralize Willie Parker and force the Steelers to move the ball through the air, which means Batch + an injured Hines Ward. Yikes. With Ronnie Brown, Chris Chambers, and Randy McMichael, the Dolphins should have enough firepower to get into the endzone at least twice. That should be enough to win the game.
Miami 20, Pittsburgh 10.

Oregon State +7.5 at Boise State. I know the Broncos are pretty tough to beat on the blue turf, but that was back in the Dan Hawkins days; and he's now moved on to destroying the program at Colorado. Boise State does still have senior QB Jared Zabransky, who will definitely put points on the board. Oregon State has the 2nd ranked offense in the nation (granted it's after playing E. Washington) and is more than happy playing a shootout. Yvenson Bernard wants redemption after an embarassing 19 point loss to Boise State two years ago. This one will be high scoring and close. I think the Beavers will win outright, but even if they lose, they should be able to stay within a TD.
Oregon State 35 Boise St. 31.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home