Friday, October 12, 2007

The Nightcap

This week it was announced that Miller Brewing company will be merging with Molson-Coors to form a new company, MillerCoors. The resulting company will still produce both Miller and Coors, so the impact on the consumer is minimal. However the More Taste League has been shaken to its core. After spending the last few months telling everyone that Miller Lite was the only sanctioned beer of the MTL, the Commish will now be forced to admit Coors Lite as a member despite no change to their formula. I feel like Dr. Cox has been lying to me all along. I no longer know what to believe is the Yin or the Yang, the Bada or the Bing. It's a confusing world, and I need a drink...

I realize that the networks fear that a matchup won't be compelling unless it has a catchy little label, but I'd like to think that ESPN could have done a better job than "The Duel in Dallas" to hype up the upcoming Patriots/Cowboys game. Tho in their defense, I suppose it is a little easier to read on the screen than "The Battle Between Coaches that Succeeded Bill Parcells but with Far Greater Results, Thereby Exposing The 'Legend' as Nothing More Than a New Jersey Con Artist..."

I'm glad that TBS got its HD feed up and running in time for the playoffs, but I'm going to need to get a bigger TV if I want to fit Tony Gwynn on my widescreen during shots of the press box...

During the game, the tv crew announced that Tony Gwynn became a grandfather this past Tuesday. Because of the break between the NLDS and NLCS, Gwynn was able to make it to the hospital to visit his grandson. It marked the first time he was in the room with something that weighed under 10 pounds and he didn't eat it...

I don't mean to dwell on how big Mr. Gwynn has become, but tonight, Kirby Puckett's ghost emerged from the grave to let Tony know that he'd let himself go. Then he groped a chick out by the DBacks pool...

During the controversial interference call at second base, ESPNRadio's Dave Campbell criticized the umpire's decision to call the batter out, but allowed that, "the call wasn't 100% wrong." After seeing the replays, I'd say the call was only 35% wrong, but since it's a make-believe metric, I'm willing to take competing opinions...

Comment made by my five year-old son around the 7th inning: "I'm tired of seeing that Frank guy (Caliendo) all the time." And this is coming from a kid who asks me to Tivo the cartoon he's watching so he can see it again as soon as it ends. Frank Caliendo makes me miss the days when all TBS had to show when there wasn't a game on was The Andy Griffith Show and The Beverly Hillbillies...

In football news, USC has announced that Mark Sanchez will replace an injured John David Booty at QB this week. Sanchez will be making his first collegiate start, but fortunately for USC, Mark Sanchez has experience in taking advantage of a knocked out booty.

Allegedly.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Tue Oct 16, 09:22:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's messed up, D.

That erases all of those nice comments about JJ you made.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home