Tuesday, October 30, 2007

There's Gold In Them Thar Hills

Sunday, I went up to the Bay Area to catch the Saints play at the 49ers. When I got the tickets before the season started, I thought it would be a marquee matchup. As it turns out, the Saints have been an early disappointment (although in their weakened division, they're still very much in the thick of things) and the Niners are looking to keep the Patriots dynasty alive with a top 5 draft pick, as NE owns SF's pick next year. Both teams went into the game with identical records, so one might have anticipated it to be an evenly matched game. As most of you know, it was a blowout.

But while the game itself wasn't very entertaining, fans at Candlestick - sorry, Monster Park - still had plenty to cheer about. It was the weekend before Halloween, and at halftime, the Gold Rush Girls chose to honor that glorious Holiday by changing from their revealing cheer outfits into revealing costumes. As I've written before, I love when cheerleaders wear costumes because they are fulfilling the role of two fantasies simultaneously: Cheerleader/Nurse, Cheerleader/Cowgirl, Cheerleader/Alice in Wonderland (don't judge me). Fortunately, I brought my camera with me. I just wish I had one w/ a better zoom. Here are some pics from the game. Any inclusion of actual players is purely incidental:







Boy, I sure did miss football.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Tue Oct 30, 05:42:00 AM PDT , Blogger Silverado said...

Hey!I missed this site. Good to read you again.
Greetings from Spain.

 
At Tue Oct 30, 10:32:00 PM PDT , Blogger The Big Picture said...

yum. knew the niners had some redeemable qualities.

 
At Wed Oct 31, 08:54:00 AM PDT , Blogger Joey Porter’s Pit Bulls said...

WElcome back. This may be your best post ever.

In that last photo, huh, I wonder why she's wearing knee pads?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home