Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Atlanta Braves- The Insomniacs Team


The Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting that Time Warner is considering putting the Atlanta Braves up for sale. The current value for the team is estimated to be somewhere around $380 million. But the Washington Nationals are going for $450 million, so the Braves pricetag will probably be at least that much.

This is just the opportunity sports bloggers have been waiting for. The cyberuniverse is filled with people who have no real insight into the game (such as myself) criticizing teams and players for how they do business. Now it's time to see if a blogger really does know better. On behalf of fans everywhere, I'm going to buy the Atlanta Braves. Now granted, I don't have a half billion in discretionary income. In fact, after DirecTv, beer, and strip club expenses, I'm lucky to have enough spending cash to get a McRib. So where will the $450 mil come from? GoogleAds of course! All I need is around 45 billion clicks, and the team is mine. Granted, this might be difficult with my current readership, which fluctuates between one and five. But that should increase once people know what my first act will be as owner of the Braves...

I will eliminate the Tomahawk Chop from all home games. It's an outdated, moderately insensitive, and worst of all, stolen chant. It needs to go.

So click away and tell a friend. And then the next time you're watching the Divisional Playoffs on Fox, you won't have to listen to "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ohh, ohohoh...ohhhhhhh, ohh, ohohoh." You may still have to listen to Tim McCarver tho. I really have no control over that. Sorry.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home