Friday, February 24, 2006

Make the Room Stop Spinning


I never knew it was possible to have a hangover without drinking alcohol, but that's just how I feel this morning after going 0-2-1 on my picks and then getting my ass handed to me at Party Poker last night. Unfortunately, Gatorade and a multivitamin aren't going to do much to replenish either of those offshore accounts. But on the plus side, at least I don't have any dried puke to clean up this time.

Perhaps a little of the hair of the dog that bit me will do the trick. The Clippers are 2.5 point favorites against the Lakers tonight. The Clippers have beaten the Lakers in three of their last four meetings, with the loss coming in their most recent game in which Kobe went for 50. So, if the Clips can hold Kobe in the mid-40s, they should cover. Phil Jackson has said he's going to give Andrew Bynum some more playing time, which if true, should mean a huge performance from Elton Brand. I'm going to go ahead and lay the points with a very small wager.

By the way, if you were a superstar high school basketball player in the days before the NBA age minimum, and you were planning on skipping college and jumping straight to the pros, wouldn't you spend most of your time in class doodling your signature while daydreaming of spending your money? Judging by this autograph, it appears that Andrew Bynum has barely learned how to draw the first two letter of the alphabet. But, I guess you don't much time for learning cursive when you're busy enhancing your MySpace page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home