Thursday, March 02, 2006

Cruisin' on the 101


I'm getting ready for some lounging in Santa Barbara, so this will have to be quick. I have no idea if I'll be updating at all from the Fess Parker's Doubletree Resort. Hopefully, I'll be too preoccupied with the pool during the day and the bar scene at night. So if I don't update again until Monday, it means I'm having too good of a time. If I don't update again until Tuesday, it means that I'm dead.

As for tonight...

UCLA clinched at least a share of the Pac-10 title with a 67-58 comeback overtime win over Cal. The Bears once again choked away a game they should have won, and barring a furious run in the Pac tournament, their NCAA hopes were choked along with it. On the bright side, they should be getting a 1st round home game in the NIT...

Also in the hunt for a share of the Pac-10 title is the streaking Washington Huskies. The Huskies dismantled Arizona State 91-64 in Tempe. Washington scored 53 points in the 2nd half, which is only two fewer than UCLA scored in all of regulation at Cal. It's this firepower that I think makes Washington a more dangerous NCAA team despite the order in the Pac-10 standings...

DePaul 108, Syracuse 69. Maybe Syracuse fans rushed the court against West Virginia last week because they knew it was the last win the Orangemen would get all season???

Paul Davis furthered his claim as the best white big man in college basketball in Michigan State's 74-65 win over Wisconsin. Sure "Best white big man" doesn't seem like that impressive of a title now, but it will make him a millionaire in June. Excuse me for a minute while inject my son with human growth hormone...

Korea beat Chinese Taipei in the opener of the World Baseball Classic. The reported ticket count was 5,193; but judging by what I saw on tv, it looks like 5,000 of those were bought by people who were unable to sell them on Ebay. The Tokyo Dome looked like Montreal's Olympic Stadium in the dying years of the Expos franchise...

The WBC may not have fans, but the movie "Ask the Dust" just gained a few. In an interview, Salma Hayek reported that she has a nude scene...and no uni-brow!

I really can't think of a better way than that to end the night. Have a good weekend all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home