Thursday, March 02, 2006

Wasting Away in Margaritaville


I wasn't planning on making an entry today. The combination of cheap mexican food and expensive margaritas has left me with no energy tonight. Added to that is the fact that Drugstore Cowboy is on cable right now, and it seems perfectly reasonable to just chill on the bed tonight. But then I flipped over to one of my favorite blogs, The Big Picture, and saw that Zach's been kicking ass lately. So I figured the least I could do is turn out a half-assed entry. Luckily for me, my head is oftentimes up my ass anyway, so this shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

I never believed there would come a time when I'd actually root for Duke, but tonight with 1.7 seconds left in their game it finally happened. I thought my wife was the only person who could be completely oblivious to the time and score of a game despite the fact that it's displayed in jumbo letters, but evidently the entire Florida State student body suffers from the same affliction. Had their technical foul somehow managed to cost the Seminoles the game, it would have gone down in history as one of the greatest endings of all time. Greatness could also have been achieved if the idiot stampede had managed to trample Dick Vitale. Sadly, neither of these came to pass...

If you're a fan of Bay area sports, what bothers you more- that slugger Barry Bonds seems to really be enjoying his new life as a transvestite, or your experience watching Jerry Rice voluntarily humiliate himself each week on Dancing With the Stars? On the plus side, their acts of degradation did help dispel some of the rumors about these two athletes. Barry's tube top did not reveal much bacne, and Jerry Rice didn't dance nearly as well as you'd expect from a gay guy...

Brett Boone announced his retirement today so he can go on tour with Sammy Sosa and Rafael Palmeiro and their amazing disappearing act...

The Nuggets beat the Pistons today thanks in part to some big 3s by Kenyon Martin, but the real highlight of the game was Nuggets dancer Annette Bancroft's big D's while crawling around on the court during a dance routine that had everything except for the brass pole. According to Annette's bio, her favorite band is Aerosmith, which I believe is one of the top 5 bands played in strip clubs. In the name of science, further research is required...

3 Comments:

At Thu Mar 02, 01:41:00 PM PST , Blogger The Big Picture said...

annette also says she's a hairstyist, which usually means that she has been previously employed by a strip club. and with all the hot ass hairstylists out there, have you ever got your hair cut by a chick this hot? my barber is this overweight, mexican guy. he's tight, but not exactly denver nugget dancer material.

 
At Thu Mar 02, 03:51:00 PM PST , Blogger insomniac said...

Actually, the chick that cuts my hair right now may not look like Annette, but she is a poor man's version of Cameron Diaz and gives the most amazing scalp massages. Of course, I have to drive 20 minutes and the haircut isn't that great, but that's neither here nor there.

Anytime I'm in a mall or small shopping center and I walk past a haircut place, I always glance in to see what kind of talent is working there. It's just a habit now. Sometimes I'll even walk in to buy some shampoo or gel just for further reconnaissance. As a result, I've had a cute/hot hairstylist wherever I've lived since high school.

 
At Fri Mar 03, 12:36:00 AM PST , Blogger The Big Picture said...

i'm telling you, insomniac, you're livin' the life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home