Saturday, September 09, 2006

Love the Action

I've been having server problems all weekend, so let me just post my picks while it's still up...

Tampa Bay -3 vs Baltimore. The fact that everyone is touting how significant a move the signing of Steve McNair was for the Ravens just underscores how putrid Baltimore's offense had become over the last few years. McNair is not the same multi-dimensional threat that led the Titans to the Super Bowl. He's more of a dink and dunk QB in the mold of Brad Johnson, but with poorer decision making. As for the Bucs, Cadillac Williams is fresh, and a fresh, healthy Cadillac can run through any defense. The Bucs have the better offense and the better defense in this game- plus they're playing at home. What's not to like?

Indianapolis -3 at NY Giants. The Colts running game is unsettled, which means Peyton will be shuffling along the line and checking to pass plays three out of four plays. Peyton might not be able to win a meaningful playoff game, but I'm sure he can still lay the smack down on his little brother. He'll throw for 350 yards, 3 TDs, and the Colts will cruise.

Dallas at Jacksonville UNDER 36.5. I'd consider buying a half point here, because 20-17 is a possible final score in what should be a showcase of two outstanding defenses. Even with Marcus Stroud questionable, the Jacksonville front four should have a huge edge on a below average Cowboys' offensive line and will feast on the immobile Bledsoe.

Cincinnati +1.5 at Kansas City. I know it's foolish to bet against the Chiefs in their home opener, but it's an even greater mistake to bet on Herm Edwards under any circumstance. The Bengals will give up a few big plays to Larry Johnson, but their offensive firepower will be more than enough to overcome those scores. I think the Bengals will make a statement that they're a team on a Super Bowl mission and win by two TDs.

Cleveland -3 vs New Orleans. How bad is the Saints defense? So bad, even Charlie Frye will be able to move the ball. By the way, if you have Charlie Frye on your fantasy team, after this week will be a perfect time to trade him in a 'sell high' scenario.

San Diego -3 at Oakland. As long as Aaron Brooks is starting for the Raiders, I won't be picking them vs anyone. Not against, Niners. Not against the Texans. Not against the Jets. Who am I kidding? There's no way Brooks is still starting by the time the Raiders play the Jets in week 17.

Minnesota +4.5 at Washington. Let's see. The Redskins' first team offense didn't put any points on the board in the preseason, Clinton Portis won't be getting all that much playing time, and the Redskins are somehow favored? I don't get it. My only guess is that bookmakers are predicting that Bryant McKinnie and company might be too distracted by the Redskins' smokin' cheerleaders. Actually, they might be on to something.

3 Comments:

At Sun Sep 10, 10:46:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first girl is hot hot hot. Andrea Kramer looked awful tonight. Reggie Bush looked great.

 
At Tue Sep 12, 09:57:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you put the money down on all the games mentioned? if you bet evenly it works out to a win in 1, right? this year, i really plan to start keeping track of my predictions to see if i should bet (other than with friends who i never pay anyway.)

 
At Tue Sep 12, 10:47:00 PM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should probably put a Units measurement in with my picks, or at least a star rating- because I don't bet evenly. I actually ended up with a pretty good weekend b/c Cincy was my #1 pick and Minn was my #2 pick, so I had the most $$ riding on those games.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home